(cursor over to stop scrolling)
Summer hours! The Museum is now open every Saturday from 11 am - 5 pm, and the occasional Sunday from 1-4pm..Also other days for special events.
June 11 at 2pm a consortium of five historical societies in the west end will be previewing one of the six historical vignettes planned for "Walk the Six West ... History on the Humber" this summer. You are invited to join us June 11 at 2PM at Lambton House to enjoy "Canadian Junction: Town, City and Country" together with a timely conversation between Neil Ross and Christopher Moore based on Morre's book '1867: How the Fathers Made a Deal.'
Now on Twitter...
The oldest structure
of its kind in Canada - now
a museum about tolls, roads,
and nineteenth century life
owned, restored and operated
Community History Project
(now a charitable organization).
Located at the corner of
Bathurst St. and Davenport Rd.
in The Tollkeeper's Park.
Community groups can use the space for meetings also
Look for the Blue Canoe near our commemorative birch trees. Thanks to the wonderful people at City of Toronto Parks Department, the David Suzuki Foundation, and the Mississaugas of the New Credit for making this possible.
Educational class tours (in English
or Educational adult tours can be arranged. (teachers and administrators may wish to print out the brochures referenced)
There are gift-type items for sale at the museum such as: maple syrup, books on local history, hand-made pure soap, apple syrup and apple butter, and other recipe collections.
We have Tollkeeper's Cottage Tee shirts for sale
We have just started selling hand-made dolls' clothes suitable for American Girl and other 18 inch dolls.
Watch yarn being spun by a spinner in period dress! Volunteers wanted
See a video tour of the Cottage